Toyota Hilux GR Sport Makes Asian Debut in Thailand
After the Corolla GR Sport, GR Supra, and the GR Yaris, Toyota has launched its fourth Gazoo Racing (GR) model in Thailand – the Toyota Hilux Revo GR Sport.
The Hilux Revo-GR Sport comes with a sporty design both on the exterior and interior with special aero packages to enhance its aerodynamics.
More than just cosmetics
Besides the aesthetic enhancements, the Hilux-Revo GR also comes fitted with the “Monotube suspension”, offering owners with good amount of grip and improved handling over the regular Hilux.
There will be two versions available in Thailand, which are the Hilux Revo GR Sport 4WD, and the lowered Hilux Revo GR-Sport 2WD Lo-Floor, which come with features as listed below:
- Unique GR front grille
- Front bumper equipped with accessories kit
- Metallic black rear bumper
- Metallic black fender flares accessories kit
- Metallic black powered side mirrors
- Shark fin antenna
- GR and GR Sport emblems imprinted on the side door and trunk area
- Metallic black sport bar with LED light
- 18-inches GR design alloy wheels (17-inch for the Lo-Floor)
- GR Side and trunk stickers
- Smart key with GR Remote
- Smoke silver interior trim with GR emblems
- Perforated suede upholstery with red stitching
- Smoke silver and metallic black accents
- Black door panels upholstered with artificial leather
- Sporty-style steering wheel
- Sports car accelerator and brake pedals
- Double Wishbone front suspension
- Under-slung rear suspension
- Stabilizer bar
- Monotube Shock Absorber
- Red brake caliper and the GR emblem
- Pre-collision system
- Lane Departure Alert
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Panoramic View Monitor
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Power comes courtesy of Toyota’s 2.8-liter “GD Super Power” turbo diesel engine making 204 PS and 500 Nm of torque. Paired to the engine is a 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Shift and Paddle Shift.
Complementing the powertrain package are the ventilated brake discs, and a suspension setup that is 23 mm lower than the regular Hilux.
That being said, Thailand is the first country in the Asian continent to welcome the Hilux Revo GR-Sport.
Coming to Malaysia?
While we expect this version of the Hilux to be sold in other markets as well, whether it will come to Malaysia remains unknown as there has not been any official announcement by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd.
So, watch this space for mode updates on the Hilux Revo GR-Sport.
326 total views, 1 views today