Powerful “Engineered Beyond Tough” Design. The new Mitsubishi Triton features a revitalized design under the concept “Rock Solid” that embodies, both inside and out, the full essence of its “Engineered Beyond Tough” development keyphrase – a toughness fully underpinned by engineering prowess and knowhow.
The front of the vehicle incorporates the new-generation “Dynamic Shield” front design concept: The high engine hood line and beefier-looking lamps located higher up give the new model a more powerful and imposing front end. Newly sculpted body curves with contrasting sharp lines, extended wheel flares and bright accents add modernity and embody the strength of a Mitsubishi Motors’ truck. The lighting and bumpers become part of the tough design, framing the front and rear designs and adding visual width.
Inside, the restyled cabin of the Mitsubishi L200 expresses a modern and robust feeling with frame surroundings for the switch panel and air outlets. A high quality look is created by soft pad materials and stitching on the floor console, armrests and parking brake.
4WD System Delivers Enhanced All-Terrain Performance
New Mitsubishi L200 4WD models are fitted with either Super-Select 4WD, which delivers optimum traction and handling characteristics for any given surface, or Easy-Select 4WD, which simplifies switching between drive modes for different road surfaces. With the addition of new drive modes, both 4WD systems deliver improved off-road performance.
Both Super-Select and Easy-Select 4WD systems use a new Off-road Mode which has GRAVEL, MUD/SNOW, SAND and ROCK (in 4LLc only) settings. When engaged, Off-road Mode integrally controls engine power, transmission and braking to regulate the amount of wheel slip and thereby maximize all-terrain performance and self-extraction performance in mud or snow. Hill Descent Control electronically controls the speed to allow the driver to negotiate steep or slippery descents more safely and with more assurance.
Active Safety / Driver Assistance Systems
New Mitsubishi L200 retains the current model’s high-durability, high-reliability ladder-type frame and high impact-safety cabin structure while featuring class-leading advanced active safety and driver assistance systems.
Systems providing all-direction safety and reassurance are:
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), which can detect vehicles and pedestrians ahead
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW with LCA), which helps avoid sideswiping another vehicle when changing lanes by detecting vehicles behind or at the rear quarter and alerting the driver with an audible alert and flashing light in their door mirror
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) which, in the same way, helps avoid collisions when reversing
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS) which reduces accidents resulting from improper use of the accelerator when moving off or reversing in car parks and other confined spaces.
- Providing convenient driver assistance are the Multi Around Monitor, which generates a bird’s eye view image of the area around the vehicle, and Parking Sensors.
Pickup Truck Performance & Functionality
The new Mitsubishi L200 features many detail improvements, directed by the Engineered Beyond Tough development keyphrase, to the durability and reliability sought in commercial use and to the comfort and ride sought in private use. Braking performance and feel are improved with the use of larger front discs and calipers; ride is improved with the use of larger rear dampers which contain more damping oil and switching to a six-speed automatic transmission from the current five-speed auto to allow smoother, more powerful acceleration and improved refinement.