Madrid’s firefighting brigade has just taken delivery of 22 new vehicles to help them in carrying out their assignments. These are Renault Trucks D 4×4 14 ton forest firefighting tenders, fitted with 280 hp Euro 6 engines. Their bodies were mounted by the ITURRI manufacturing group, in compliance with the technical requirements this type of vehicle demands and with particular attention paid to the safety of the personnel they will be carrying.
These all-terrain vehicles are designed for firefighting, assistance and rescue missions of people in dangerous situations or in particularly hard to access locations around the city of Madrid. In particular, the Renault Trucks D vehicles feature protection for the electrical and pneumatic circuits as standard provided by fire resistant sheathing.
The tank has a capacity of 3,080 L, 500 L of which are devoted to the vehicle’s own protection. This consists of a system which protects the cab and the tyres by projecting water onto them if the vehicle becomes trapped in the middle of a fire zone.
Renault Trucks offers a comprehensive Fire&Rescue range capable of meeting the needs of fire fighters and the specific needs of their profession. This consists of 4×2, 6×4, 8×4 and 6×2 vehicles, as well as 4×4 and 6×6 all-wheel drives specifically designed for firefighting and rescue operations.
The Renault Trucks fire-fighting range comprises 4×2, 6×4, 8×4 and 6×2 vehicles as well as 4×4, 6×6 and 8×8 all-wheel drive vehicles specially designed for fire-fighting and emergency services.
This range offers the following models:
- Master and Maxity rapid urban intervention vehicles (VPI), urban victim rescue and assistance vehicles (VSAV) and urban road and rail accident intervention and rescue vehicles (VSR)
- Renault Trucks D12 light fire tender truck (FPTL)
- Renault Trucks D15 4×2 and 4×4 fire tender truck (FPT)
- Renault Trucks D14 4×4 off-road rural fire tanker tender (CCR)
- Renault Trucks D14 4×4 all-terrain forest fire tanker tender (CCF)
- Les Renault Trucks C, K, D and D WIDE are adapted to large-capacity tanker truck uses, cradle carrier, aerial ladder vehicle and articulated boom elevator (BEA).