The Acura NSX Tpye S has finally made its global debut yesterday during the world-famous Monterey Car Week.
Dubbed as Honda’s performance halo, the NSX Type S was built in celebration of the final year of second generation NSX production.
Assembled in Ohio
According to Honda, every 2022 Acura NSX produced at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio will be a Type S model.
Just 350 of the limited run supercar will be built for global distribution, with 300 units destined for U.S. customers, marking the first time an NSX Type S has been sold outside of Japan.
Instantly recognizable by its distinctive and more aggressive front and rear styling, NSX Type S also features unique 5-spoke wheels, stickier Pirelli P-Zero tires, retuned Adaptive Damper System, Type S decals, a standard carbon fiber roof and available Gotham Gray matte paint.
Most powerful Acura engine ever
Under its available carbon fiber engine cover is Acura’s most powerful production drivetrain ever: an updated version of the supercar’s twin-turbocharged V6 and three-motor hybrid system that produces 600-horsepower and 667 Nm of torque.
The supercar’s 9-speed DCT and revolutionary torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) are retuned to maximize performance.
An available Lightweight Package includes Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Carbon Fiber Engine Cover and Carbon Fiber interior package, reducing total curb weight by nearly 26 kg.
That being said, below are the key highlights of the 2022 Acura NSX Type S
- Limited production of only 350 units
- Laps Suzuka Circuit in Japan 2-seconds faster than the 2021 NSX
- Powertrain upgrades include turbochargers shared with the NSX GT3 Evo race car, a 6 percent increase in boost pressure, 20 percent greater battery capacity and 10 percent higher battery output
- Retuned 9-speed DCT features 50 percent faster upshift response and new Rapid Downshift Mode
- Revolutionary torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid SH-AWD®retuned to maximize performance
- New split 5-spoke wheels increase track front (+0.4-in.) and rear (+0.8-in.)
- New Pirelli P-Zero specifically developed for NSX Type S
- New exterior design and aerodynamics for increased engine cooling
- Carbon fiber NSX GT3–inspired rear diffuser
- Standard Carbon Fiber roof
- New Gotham Gray matte metallic paint
- Alcantara headliner, embroidered Type S logo on the glove compartment, embossed NSX logo on the headrests, and contrast stitching