Beware of Fake Sales Advisors, says Perodua
Perodua recently warned its existing and potential customers of scams involving bogus sales advisors asking customers to make payments to personal bank accounts.
“We have recently discovered at least two scammers, posing as Perodua sales advisors, asking customers to make booking fee or deposit payments to personal bank accounts,” Perodua President and Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Zainal Abidin Ahmad said, adding that the company is working with the police on the matter.
“We take this opportunity to remind all our valued customers to only make payments to official company accounts or over the counters at our outlets,” Dato’ Zainal said.
To safeguard both existing and potential Perodua customers, below is a quick ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ guide when purchasing a new Perodua vehicle:
- Contact or visit Perodua’s authorised sales or service centres to learn more about our products and services, or visit www.perodua.com.my or any of our official social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.
- Visit www.perodua.com.my for the accurate and up-to-date list of our nationwide sales and service outlets and their contact details.
- Contact Perodua Customer Experience Centre at 1-800-88-6600 during office hours, or send us an enquiry at https://www.perodua.com.my/contact-us.html, if anyone claiming to be a Perodua sales or service representative is asking you to make payments into a personal bank account.
- Don’t react immediately to offers, whether online or in print, without confirming its details with Perodua’s authorised sales or service advisors, or our official online platforms – www.perodua.com.my, official Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Don’t give away your personal details such as bank account numbers, home address and IC number without making sure that the person you are speaking with is an authorised Perodua personnel.
- Don’t make any payments, including deposits and booking fees, into personal bank accounts. All payments must be made to company accounts only.
On a separate note, Perodua recently announced that it has sold 96,281 vehicles in the first five months of 2021, but that is not all. Despite the ongoing pandemic, the company is confident that it is on track to achieve its 240,000-unit sales target for the year 2021
140 total views, 2 views today