The Honda City RS just bagged the Vehicle of the Year award at the DSF.my-Allianz Vehicle of the Year (VOTY) Awards 2021 which took place in Petaling Jaya on the 26th of October 2021.
Despite the tough market and challenging environment in 2021, the powertrain, high performance and safety features of the Honda City RS was too hard to ignore as it took home the night’s coveted award.
Hosted by Malaysian motoring website www.dsf.my and Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad (Allianz General), this year’s VOTY 2021 awards featured 16 categories recognising the best technologies, and of course, individuals and teams behind the scenes.
Other winners include, Hyundai Kona Smartstream (Crossover of the Year), Nissan Almera Turbo (Family Sedan of the Year), Aston Martin DBS Superleggera (Supercar of the Year) and Suzuki Swift Sport (Hot Hatch of the Year), with Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA) President Datuk Aishah Ahmad awarded the Automotive Lady of 2021 and Sime Darby Motors Managing Director, Retail and Distribution for Malaysia Jeffrey Gan taking home the gong for Automotive Gentleman of 2021.
“The aim behind the VOTY Awards has always been about showing our support and appreciation in recognising the efforts of the automotive players and this year’s event was no different,” said Sean Wang, Chief Executive Officer of Allianz General.
“Together with DSF.my, Allianz General is delighted to honour car manufacturers and the key individuals for their strength and resolve in that seeing through the difficult business environment and challenges of 2021. After having back-to-back years that challenged every aspect of the business, the least we could do is give them a deserve pat on the back and a night off!” added Sean.
The VOTY Awards is the first local automotive awards ceremony to honour ground-breaking automotive creations and the hardworking individuals that bring them to our shores.
The VOTY Awards winners are selected based on merit by the editorial staff of www.dsf.my, led by editorial head Daniel Fernandez and his dedicated team of writers, with zero advertising obligations expected of the winners.
DSF.my-Allianz Vehicle of the Year Awards (VOTY) 2021 – Winners List
- Vehicle of the Year 2021 – Honda City RS
- Crossover of the Year – Hyundai Kona Smartstream
- 7-Seat SUV of the Year – Land Rover Discovery TD6 HSE
- Electric Car of the Year – Porsche Taycan
- Luxury SUV of the Year – Toyota Harrier
- 7-Seat Family Vehicle of the Year – Mitsubishi XPANDER
- Family Sedan of the Year – Nissan Almera Turbo
- Hot Hatch of the Year – Suzuki Swift Sport
- Executive Sedan of the Year – Honda Accord
- Luxury Hot Hatch of the Year – Mercedes-AMG A35
- Performance Crossover of the Year – Mercedes-AMG GLB 35
- Pickup Truck of the Year – Isuzu D-Max X-Terrain
- Supercar of The Year – Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
- Automotive Lady of 2021 – Datuk Aishah Ahmad- President, MAA
- Automotive Gentleman of 2021 – Jeffrey Gan, Managing Director, Retail and Distribution for Malaysia, Sime Darby Motors
- Malaysia’s No.1 Car Insurer – Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad