Great Wall Motors recently celebrated rolling out the 500,000th GWM Cannon pickup truck from its assembly line in China.
Currently available in over 50 countries and regions worldwide, the company also announced that the first batch of the GWM Cannon comprising 66 units, are now open for booking in Malaysia.
According to GWM, the Cannon pick-up truck has shown an impressive pace of growth ever since its launch in 2019, having found 100,000 homes within the first year of launch.
With the launched of the GWM CANNON, GWM’s pick-up truck series have achieved several remarkable milestones over the past four years by maintaining its position as the best-selling pick-up truck in China for 25 consecutive years and accumulative sales of over 2.45 million units globally.
In addition, it is said that the GWM pick-up truck held nearly 50% of the domestic market share in China from January to July this year, indicating that with every two pick-up trucks sold in China, one was GWM.
The GWM CANNON ULTRA is a versatile pickup truck that combines the comfort and convenience of a sedan, the off-road capabilities of an SUV, the leisure features of a travel car, and the load-carrying capacity of a light-duty truck. Designed to provide Malaysian users with a brand-new pickup truck driving experience, the GWM CANNON ULTRA boasts a rugged and stylish exterior.
- The bold chrome-plated grille is complemented by sharp full-LED eagle-eye headlights, creating a visually impactful and highly recognizable appearance.
- In-cabin features extensive soft-touch materials, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system (compatible with Apple CarPlay + Android Auto).
- Equipped with electronic gear shifter, auto hold electronic parking brake, front electric seat adjustment, rear air vents, and a 3-Pin plug socket.
- L2-level intelligent driver assistance systems, including adaptive cruise control (ACC), automatic emergency braking (AEB), lane-keeping assist (LKA), blind-spot detection (BSD), and a 360 camera, ensuring convenience and safety in both urban and off-road driving scenario.
- Equipped with a 2.0T diesel engine paired with a ZF 8AT transmission, delivering a maximum horsepower of 163 (120kW) and peak torque of 400 Nm.
- Intelligent four-wheel-drive system and four driving modes
- Equipped with 7 SRS Airbags (Dual Front, Side, Curtain, and Far Side)
That said, customers who are interested can experience the all-new GWM Cannon Ultra at any GWM showrooms nationwide.