Sime Darby Auto ConneXion (SDAC), the sole distributor for Ford in Malaysia, recently revealed two new Ford models to the market. One of the two models revealed at the event, which was held at Bamboo Hills in Kuala Lumpur, is the top-spec Ranger Platinum, further expanding the Ford Ranger line-up.
New Ranger Platinum is available exclusively in double cab specification and is powered by Ford’s 2.0L Bi Turbo diesel engine, producing 210 PS and 500 Nm of torque. Power is delivered through the Ranger’s electronically controlled part-time four-wheel drive system, combined with 10-speed automatic transmission and an e-Shifter.
Key exterior enhancements include a unique grille, 20-inch alloy wheels (First-in-Ranger), ‘Platinum’ hood badging, Silk Chrome trims, Matrix LED headlamps (First-in-class, Best-in-class), a dampened tailgate which makes lowering the tailgate effortless, and Ford’s ingenious Flexible Rack System (First-in-class), Swing-in-Place Roof-Rails and Power Roller Shutter. The Ranger Platinum will also be available in the Equinox Bronze paint colour, previously available only on Everest.
The Ranger Platinum also boasts quilted leather accented seats and a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster, 12-inch infotainment screen with the latest SYNC 4A, B&O speakers, ambient lighting, E-Shifter and Active Park Assist 2.0.
The front seats are heated and ventilated (First-in-class) with 10-way power adjust and with memory function for the driver (First-in-class), while the digital instrument cluster and decorative finishes add to the sense of opulence when you get behind the wheel.
The Ranger Platinum sets itself apart from other Ranger variants with its Everest-inspired dashboard which features a closed shelf and upper glovebox, while badging on front seats and floor mats round out the interior enhancements. It also comes with Ford’s Flexible Rack System, a sliding sport bar that is adjustable to fit longer items.
The roof racks feature roof rails that swing across the roof when needed, can be adjusted to two different lengths, and then stored away in the roof rails when not being used. The clever Flexible Rack System can be operated by one person and locks into five different positions along the length of the load box. A pop-up crossbar increases the height of the loading platform to match the Swing-in-Place Roof Rails.
- Silk Chrome trim including unique grille, ‘PLATINUM’ badging on the hood, front doors and tailgate
- Unique 20-inch Alloy Wheels (First-in-Ranger)
- Matrix LED Headlamps with auto dynamic levelling, LED DTRLs, and Full LED tail lamps (First-in-Ranger, Best-in-class)
- Damped (gas strut) Tailgate
- New Flexible Rack System(First-in-class)
- Power Roller Shutter
- Platinum exclusive colour: Equinox Bronze
- 12.4-inch Colour Digital Instrument Cluster (Best-in-class)
- 12-inch Colour Multi-Function Touch Screen (Best-in-class)
- Heated & Ventilated Front Seats with Premium Quilted, Perforated Leather Accented Trim (First-in-class)
- Driver Memory Seats with 10-Way Power Adjust for Driver and Front Passenger (First-in-class)
- Bang & Olufsen Premium Audio System (Best-in-class)
- Distinctive ‘Platinum’ branding on front seats& upper glovebox
- Accent stitching & decorative finishes
- e-Shifter (Best-in-class)
- Active Park Assist 2.0
The New Ranger Platinum 2.0L Bi Turbo Diesel price starts from RM183,888 (on-the-road without insurance) in Peninsular Malaysia, RM189,688 (on-the-road without insurance) in Sabah, RM189,688 (on-the-road without insurance) in Sarawak.
It comes with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty, or 160,000 km, whichever comes first. Customers can also opt to extend to a six-year or seven-year or up to 40,000km coverage with the Premium Care extended warranty package (EWP).
To enhance the ownership experience further, Ford also offers Extended Service Plan (ESP) packages for both models, tailored to meet specific customer needs.