There will be three different variants to choose from, with pricing as mentioned below:
- Kona e-Lite: RM149,888 (39.2 kWh battery with 7.2kW On board charge)
- Kona e-Plus: RM169,888 (39.2 kWh with 11kW OBC)
- Kona e-Max: RM199,888 (64kWh with 11kW OBC)
Optional add-on packages (customers can mix and match):
- Extended Warranty Package: 5 years/100,000km warranty and 3 years/50,000km free service: RM10,000
- 7kw AC charging station with external charging cable (type2): RM6,000 excluding installation
- 22kw AC charging station with external charging cable (type2): RM7,000 excluding installation.
All variants come with a standard vehicle warranty of 2 years/50,000km and an EV battery warranty of 8 years/160,000km.
While the Kona e-Lite and e-Plus variants of the Kona are capable of covering a driving range of up to 305km, the Kona e-Max variant can cover up to 484 km.
Equipped with a DC fast-charging feature, the Kona Electric’s battery can be charged from zero to 80 percent in less than an hour.
Alternatively, conventional AC charging of the battery will take approximately 6.5 hours, 4.5 hours, and 7.5 hours for a full charge for the e-Lite, e-Plus, and e-Max variants respectively.
The lithium-ion polymer battery is protected by an eight-year or 160,000km warranty, in addition to the two-year or 50,000km vehicle’s warranty.
The Kona Electric is also equipped with Hyundai’s SmartSense system, which includes various safety features such as a Blind-spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Following Assist, among others.
In terms of performance, the Kona Electric accelerates from zero to 100km/h in 7.6 seconds on the e-Max variant, thanks to the vehicle’s 395 Nm of torque.
The Kona Electric is fully exempted from import and excise duties, sales tax as well as road tax as announced under Budget 2022, making it one of the most competitively priced EVs in the local market. The Kona Electric will be available in quarter one of 2022.
For those interested in experiencing the Kona Electric first-hand, the car is currently available for viewing at the Hyundai Ara Damansara showroom at Sime Darby Motors City
156 total views, 3 views todayREAD MORE +