With a maximum output of 42 hp, the new BMW CE 04 sprints from 0 to 50 km/h in just 2.6 seconds. Even in the reduced output vehicle class, 31 hp drive power is available. The maximum speed of both versions is 120 km/h.
The new BMW CE 04 has an ample battery cell capacity of 60.6 Ah (8.9 kWh), providing a range of some 130 kilometres (reduced output version: 100 km).
The lithium-ion battery is charged using the integrated charging device either at a regular household socket, a wallbox or a public charging station. When the battery is completely flat, charging time ideally lasts 4 hours and 20 minutes.
With the quick charger available as an optional extra with an output of up to 6.9 kW (2.3 kW is the standard level), charging time is reduced to just 1 hour and 40 minutes when the battery is completely flat.
Three riding modes
The BMW CE 04 features the three riding modes “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” as standard. The additional “Dynamic” riding mode is also available as an ex works option, enabling the scooter to accelerate at an even swifter pace.
While the front wheel is controlled by a telescopic fork with a slider tube diameter of 35 mm, the rear wheel control consists of a single-sided swing arm.
At the rear, suspension and damping are performed by a directly controlled, fully covered spring strut. The new BMW CE 04 is fitted with generously sized tyres, with 120/70 R15 67H at the front and 160/60 R15 56H at the rear.
At the front, a twin disc brake ensures secure deceleration, supported by a single-disc system at the rear. In addition, BMW Motorrad ABS ensures a high level of active safety.
The new BMW CE 04 also comes fitted as standard with a 10.25-inch TFT colour screen with integrated map navigation and connectivity. For the first time, the new 10.25-inch colour screen makes it possible to display a navigation map in the instrument cluster, so no additional display is needed.
- Rated output 15 kW (20 hp). Maximum output 31 kW (42 hp).
Reduced output version: 11 kW (15 hp) or 23 kW (31 hp).
- Ample cell capacity in the battery of 60.6 Ah (8.9 kWh).
- Range of approximately 130 kilometres (reduced output version: 100 km).
- Short charging times and charging technology based on the system used in cars.
- Increased riding stability due to slip control by means of ASC (Automatic Stability Control). DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) as an ex works option.
- Three riding modes “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” for efficient, day-to-day use as standard. “Dynamic” riding mode for further enhanced riding pleasure as an ex works option.
- Directionally stable suspension with one-piece tubular steel main frame.
- Powerful braking system with ABS. ABS Pro with banking capability as an ex-works option.
- 10.25-inch TFT colour screen with integrated map navigation and extensive connectivity as standard.
- Powerful LED lighting units all round. Adaptive Headlight Pro and light functions as ex works options.
- Storage compartments at the side and front. The side helmet compartment can now be operated while seated.
- Actively ventilated mobile phone charging compartment with USB-C charging port.
- Future-oriented design and colour scheme.
- Extensive range of optional extras and original BMW Motorrad Accessories as well as rider equipment.