Toyota has unveiled the new Land Cruiser “250” Series to the world, with the launch planned for the first half of 2024 in Japan.
The new 250 Series is a core Land Cruiser model with the same GA-F platform as the 300 Series to dramatically improve basic performance as an off-roader. It also comes with various powertrains to achieve even more powerful driving performance and environmental performance worthy of the Land Cruiser name.
With the same GA-F platform as the 300 Series, the new 250 Series has dramatically improved off-road performance. As a reliable and practical choice for customers, it has improved ease of handling and comfort for on-road driving as well. That being said, the list of improvements are as mentioned below:
- Significantly increased rigidity50% increase in frame rigidity and 30% increase in overall rigidity
- Improved basic suspension performanceImproved wheel articulation, which is an indicator of off-road performance that describes the ability of a tire to stay on the ground
- Improved on- and off-road driving performance through adoption of the following systems
- Electric power steering (EPS)Contributes to reduced loss of steering control when driving off-road, provides a crisper steering feel, improves maneuverability at low speeds, and enables Lane Tracing Assist
- Stabilizer Disconnect Mechanism (SDM) First use in a Toyota vehicle. A switch-operated function that enables the front stabilizer state to be changed, delivering driving performance and ride comfort when off-road and handling stability when on-road
- Improved off-road driving support through enhanced functionality of the Multi-Terrain Monitor and Multi-Terrain Select
In line with Toyota’s carbon neutrality initiatives that take a diverse multi-pathway approach, it also comes with various powertrains:
- Petrol 2.4-liter turbo Hybrid with Direct Shift-8AT producing 330 PS and 630 Nm
- Petrol 2.4-liter turbo Direct with Shift-8AT producing 281 PS and 430 Nm
- Diesel 2.8-liter turbo (48V system) with Direct Shift-8AT producing 204 PS and 500 Nm
- Diesel 2.8-liter turbo with Direct Shift-8AT producing 204 PS and 500 Nm
- Petrol 2.7-liter engine with 6 Super-ECT producing 163 PS and 246 Nm
As for the interior, the styling has shifted from a high-end, luxury ambiance to the feeling of true off-road functionality. Coupled with a sturdy and stable interior space, horizontal instrument panel, and switch shapes that are clear and easy to operate in a range of driving conditions, styling contributes to improved functionality even on rough roads.
Where safety is concerned, Toyota Safety Sense, the latest active safety package with advanced and improved functions, is standard on all new Land Cruiser grades. The range of detectable accidents has been expanded even further, enabling enjoyable driving with peace of mind.
According to Toyota, the 250 Series is a core Land Cruiser model that returns to the car’s origin, a vehicle that is simple and sturdy, and helps fulfill both customers’ lifestyle choices and practical needs.